Today my niece Adah turns five years old. I can imagine the sparkle in her eye and the bounce in her run as she gets out of bed this morning. I moved in with my brother's family a few days after Adah Elizabeth was born and was completely lucky to be able to help care for this gentle baby until she was about five months old. I remember her being pretty calm, not a high-maintenance infant, just sleepy. Her parents noted that she was sort of like one of those dolls because when you sat her up her eyes opened, if you laid her down, her eyes closed. I'm going to guess she's grown out of this by now, on this anniversary of five years. She is an instant lover. And even more instantly loveable.

Aunt Adoring Adah
She is very good at picking the winning Apples to Apples card. Princesses are her thing. I think that's fitting, she's as near a princess as possible.

Adah After Accomplishing Apples to Apples
1 comment:
What a beautiful way to celebrate birthdays, Sara. Thanks so much for continuing to post on your blog.
Post a Comment